NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OFFERED ONLY IN THE 50 STATES OF THE UNITED STATES (“U.S.”), THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”), AND IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THOSE AREAS ONLY. PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED IF YOU ARE NOT A PERMANENT LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THOSE AREAS.
1. Eligibility: The “Jeopardy!’s 25th Anniversary smartphones for Smart People” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to permanent legal residents of the 50 states of the U.S., and D.C., who are physically located and residing therein, and who are 13 years of age or older as of October 29, 2008. Entrants must have either a valid social security number, a valid U.S. personal tax identification, or a valid social insurance number to participate. Employees of Sony Pictures Television Inc., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., AT&T Mobility, LLC, (collectively, “Sponsors”), Sweepstakes administrator, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of this Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers, any other person or entity associated with this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), members of their immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents), and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to enter this Sweepstakes.
2. How To Enter: This Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 29, 2008, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on November 25, 2008 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Use your AT&T phone to log on to the “MEdia Mall” section of the main menu and follow instructions to purchase Jeopardy! Deluxe game or navigate to www.att.com/mediamall and follow instructions to purchase and download Jeopardy! Deluxe. You will receive one (1) automatic entry to the Sweepstakes upon download (“Entry”). You may also receive an entry into the Sweepstakes for free by mailing a 3” x 5” card, including entering your name, age, address, contact phone and e-mail address (collectively, “Entry Information”) to Jeopardy! Deluxe Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 8022, Westport, CT 06888. Entries will be disqualified if they contain any inappropriate material or language, including profanity. All electronic entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m., November 25, 2008, when promotion ends. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by November 25, 2008 and received by December 1, 2008. All required Entry Information must be completed in full. Limit one (1) Sweepstakes Entry per person/ address per day. AT&T’s computer is the official clock for the Sweepstakes. Proof of submitting a Sweepstakes Entry will not be deemed by Sponsors as proof of receipt or entry into the Sweepstakes. Any attempted form of entry into this Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void. If an entrant is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must obtain parent/legal guardian consent prior to entering or submitting any personally identifiable information.
3. Prizes/Odds of Winning. 25 Grand Prizes: Each Grand Prize winner will receive an AT&T Blackberry® Pearl 8110 smartphone. Approximate retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $200 U.S. The Grand Prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the Affidavit/Release (described below). Total ARV of all Prizes: $5,000 U.S. Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible Sweepstakes Entries received. All other costs associated with accepting, redeeming and using a prize are the sole responsibility of the winners. Limit one (1) prize per person/family/household for the entire Sweepstakes. Any depictions of a prize are for illustrative purposes and may not be actual prize awarded. No substitution, assignment, transfer or cash equivalent for any prize (or component of a prize), except that Sponsors, at their sole discretion, may substitute a prize with a prize of equal value, whether due to the unavailability of a prizes, or for any other reason. Prizes and prize notifications will be mailed/shipped to street addresses in the U.S. (including D.C.) only. All federal, state, or other taxes are the sole responsibility of each winner. The Sweepstakes administrator is not the supplier or guarantor of any prize.
4. Drawing and Notification of Winners. Potential winners will be randomly selected from among all eligible Sweepstakes Entries received in a drawing to be held on or about December 4, 2008 by the Sweepstakes administrator, an independent judging organization. Each potential Grand Prize winner (or, if a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) will be notified by phone and/or mail (at the phone number/address provided on that entrant’s entry form) within one (1) week of the date his/her name was randomly selected. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted, he/she is found to be ineligible, he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, and/or if his/her prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner will be disqualified and, an alternate potential winner will be selected at Sponsors’ discretion.
6. Disclaimers: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for Sweepstakes Entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entry, or device), in excess of the stated limit, or for Sweepstakes Entries that are illegible, late, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, and all such Sweepstakes Entries will be disqualified. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees and acknowledges to be bound by the Rules and Laws, as well as the decisions of the Sweepstakes administrator which are final and binding in all respects; to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with the Rules and Laws, and that the Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) in connection with: participation in the acceptance/possession, defects, and/or use/misuse of any prize; typographical errors in Sweepstakes promotional material; shipping delays; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry Information; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network; interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects; and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of any one or more of the Sweepstakes Entities. Each entrant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act of omission on the part of the prize supplier or any of its agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (2) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act of omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Sponsors, or (3) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of Sponsors or their parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies. The failure of Sponsors to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsors (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
7. ARBITRATION / WAIVER OF INJUNCTIVE RELIEF / GOVERNING LAW: BY SUBMITTING A SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, ITS ENFORCEMENT, ARBITRABILITY OR INTERPRETATION SHALL BE SUBMITTED TO FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION, TO BE HELD IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CALIFORNIA, BEFORE A SINGLE ARBITRATOR, IN ACCORDANCE WITH CALIFORNIA CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE § 1280 ET SEQ. THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE SELECTED BY MUTUAL AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES OR, IF THE PARTIES CANNOT AGREE, THEN BY SELECTING AN ARBITRATOR FROM A LIST OF ARBITRATORS SUPPLIED BY JAMS (JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES). IF THE PARTIES STILL CANNOT AGREE ON AN ARBITRATOR, THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE APPOINTED BY JAMS. THE ARBITRATION SHALL BE A CONFIDENTIAL PROCEEDING, CLOSED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. THE ARBITRATOR SHALL ISSUE A WRITTEN OPINION STATING THE ESSENTIAL FINDINGS AND CONCLUSIONS UPON WHICH THE ARBITRATOR’S AWARD IS BASED. THE PARTIES WILL SHARE EQUALLY IN PAYMENT OF THE ARBITRATOR’S FEES AND ARBITRATION EXPENSES AND ANY OTHER COSTS UNIQUE TO THE ARBITRATION HEARING (RECOGNIZING THAT EACH SIDE BEARS ITS OWN DEPOSITION, WITNESS, EXPERT AND ATTORNEY’S FEES AND OTHER EXPENSES TO THE SAME EXTENT AS IF THE MATTER WERE BEING HEARD IN COURT). NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THE ARBITRATOR MAY REQUIRE THAT SUCH FEES BE BORNE IN SUCH OTHER MANNER AS THE ARBITRATOR DETERMINES IS REQUIRED IN ORDER FOR THIS ARBITRATION CLAUSE TO BE ENFORCEABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Entrants further understand and agree that they shall have no right to enjoin or restrain the development, production, advertising, promotion, distribution or exploitation of the Sweepstakes, or any Sony Pictures Television Inc. (or any of its parent companies, subsidiaries or affiliates) productions, projects or pictures.
Entrants acknowledge that the internal substantive laws (as distinguished from the choice of law rules) of the State of California and the United States of America applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in California shall govern the validity and interpretation of these Official Rules and all other causes of action (whether sounding in contract or in tort) arising out of or relating to these Official Rules.
8. Rules/Winner’s List: For a copy of these Official Rules or the Winner’s List, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Jeopardy! Sweepstakes” Rules/Winner’s List (specify which), P.O. Box 8022, Westport, CT 06888. All requests must be received by January 20, 2009.
9. Sponsors: Sony Pictures Television Inc., 10202 W. Washington Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232 and AT&T Mobility, LLC, 5565 Glenridge Connector, Atlanta, GA 30342